Welkom - 歡迎光臨 - Bienvenue - स्वागत - Willkommen - પધારો - Bienvenido - సుస్వాగతం - Witajcie - 歡迎 - Laipni Lūdzam - Добро пожаловать! - Welcome - Bem Vinda - желанный - Bienvenido
kingsmead primary school
we care for ourselves, other people and our environment
We are aware that our current beige sweatshirts and cardigans divide opinion. We are therefore considering offering an additional colour of sweatshirt and cardigan. If you have any suggestions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 15th February.
NEW(ish) on THE website
- Attendance - the half yearly figures are looking good - thank you!
- E-safety - gaming and online chat- keep your children safe advice from parentzone
- 100 books to read in Key Stage 1, Lower Key Stage 2 and Upper Key Stage 2 - every child can leave each phase 'well read' and with a love of literature
Coming up in February,
- Saturday 16th February - Family Orienteering and Exploration Walk. 10am-12. Explore the hidden nature reserve with this wintery warm up. Meet at the Stones Manor Lane entrance to the Reserve. Contact: Bev 01606 882770
- Sunday 17th February - Homes for Wildlife. Make and take away a nest box to put up in your garden, as part of National Nest Box Week, or perhaps a bug home. No charge but donations welcome. 10am – 12 at the Rangers’ Cabin/Marbury Lodge. Contact Anna Cooper 01606 891683
- Tuesday 26th - Friday 1st March - Bikeability for year 6
- Wednesday 27th - St John's Hartford is hosting a day on Autistic Spectrum
- Thursday 7th - World Book Day with a theme of No Outsiders (see January blog and diary dates for more info) . We are NOT dressing up this year, doubtless pleasing some, not so others: next year the situation will be reversed!
- Thursday 14th March - NSPCC will deliver a Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 assembly followed by workshops for children in upper key stage 2. There will be an opportunity for parents to hear from Kirsty from NSPCC from 3-4pm in the staffroom. The NSPCC come every two years to give children important messages about keeping safe and well. To help the NSPCC with its vital work the day is also a non-uniform day - children should donate £1 if they want to wear their own clothes.
1-2-3 Magic is starting up straight after half term and is now fully booked - thank you!
Mrs'Cotton and Wood are hosting a second course in the evenings which may suit some families better.
We shall not cease from exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be able to arrive where we first started
And know the place for the first time.