'We fail our children miserably if we assume school can do everything.'
John Abbot - former headmaster of Manchester Grammar School
At Kingsmead we welcome parents and carers from all our families to get involved in the life of the school. Parents and carers also bring to school their own skills and talents, enriching children's learning experience.
Respectful and effective partnership is fundamental to children receiving the good education to which they are entitled. In this there are three key partners:
- The child, who shares responsibility for his/her educational progress with
- Her/his teachers and other academic staff
- Her/his parents or carers
1-2-3 Magic Parenting runs twice a year
The next four sessions for new people will be in the evening after February half term, dates to be confirmed. Email Mrs Cotton if interested, we already have some people signed up and places are limited.
"Get a calmer house in four weeks"
"This course has improved my relationship with my kids and reduced the stress levels in our house."
"Fabulous technique for a calmer house and useful reflection time on my own behaviour and how that contributes too."
Our home school agreement sets out the expectations for each party in an effective learning partnership. Parents and carers are expected to read and agree to this agreement with their child before starting school with us.
How can I get involved?
- Become a reading mentor - see Mrs Miller
- Chaperoning children on school trips and visits
- Helping in classes
- Do you play wind, brass or string instrument? Join our wind band and string orchestra
- Do you enjoy nature and the garden? See Mrs Gajjar about gardening club and the Eco group
- Do you work or study in science or technology? Dr Duberley would be interested in your contribution to Science Week in March
- Get involved with the KFA, our Friends Association where you can help with school discos, fairs and other events for families